Manitou Springs School District 14 serves approximately 1500 students from Pre-kindergarten to Grade 12 who reside in the communities of Manitou Springs, Cascade, Green Mountain Falls, Chipita Park, Crystal Park, and Cedar Heights. We serve over 400 “choice” students that come to our district from other locations in El Paso and Teller Counties. We offer a “small town” educational environment and we are driven by “Relationships, Rigor, and Opportunity” as we serve our children and our communities. At Manitou Springs School District 14 we are proud of our success in meeting the needs of every student. In addition to a challenging academic curriculum, all of our schools offer comprehensive art, physical education, music, computer technology, Special Education, and gifted/talented instruction. Students may choose from many enriching after school programs. Our schools have consistently received a “High” rating on the Colorado State Accountability Report. The class sizes in our elementary schools typically range from 18-25 students. Average middle school class size is 24 students, and average high school class size is 22 students.
District Vision/Mission Statements and Learner Goals
District Vision Statement: Compassionate citizens contributing with knowledge and integrity to a dynamic world
District Mission Statement:
Manitou Springs School District 14 is dedicated to
- Providing a safe and caring environment
- Encouraging all students to reach their potential
- Preparing responsible citizens
District Ends Statements:
- Students have acquired the skills and knowledge required to continue learning and experience success in the next stage of life.
- Students have acquired the skills and knowledge required to be productive citizens and contribute to their communities.
- Students have acquired the skills required to develop and sustain positive, healthy relationships.
21st Century Skills
Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Creativity, Design, Leadership and Adaptability.
Ed Longfield, Superintendent [email protected]