Volunteer at Manitou Springs School District
Volunteer Instructions (PDF)
BACKGROUND CHECK/FINGERPRINTING INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
If you have previously been fingerprinted as a volunteer for MSSD 14, it is not necessary to be fingerprinted again.
If you are a new volunteer, please come to the Central Administration office for a volunteer packet. You may either take the packet with you and return the completed packet or complete the packet while at the office.
Please complete the packet as follows:
- Background Check Information Release (yellow sheet, first page) is necessary for the school district to have the volunteer’s permission to conduct the background check.
- Volunteer’s Oath (second page) needs to be filled out completely. It must be signed and dated in the presence of a Central Administration office employee so it can be notarized here in the office. It is not necessary to take it to an outside notary.
- Notice to Applicants (third page) is an information sheet that we are required to provide to anyone being fingerprinted.
- Information sheet for the fingerprint card (fourth page) is provided to assist volunteers in completing the fingerprint card accurately. It is necessary to complete the fingerprint card correctly to help prevent the card from being returned, thus causing you to be required to be re-fingerprinted. The fingerprint card MUST be completed with BLACK ink using the information provided in the instructions.
- It is important that you DO NOT sign the fingerprint card before being fingerprinted. It MUST be signed in the presence of the officer performing the fingerprinting.After completing the packet, a Central Administration office employee will make a copy of your driver’s license and social security card, and attach it to the back of your packet.
The school resource officer will be called to complete your fingerprinting. The officer is normally available Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. If the officer is unavailable due to school business or you are unable to be here during these times, please arrange an appointment to have the fingerprinting completed at another time by calling Debra at 719-685-2028.